We have developed a collaborative concept called "Local Area Manager”, meaning that you - for payment - undertake a specific assignment. The scope of the engagement is defined by the time you want to spend on the task. It is structurally similar to a franchise concept, where you helps us to establish in different regions, within a given framework, to develop the ETR Brand and concept.
The main components are:
- Information on great riding roads in your area.
- Information on accommodation facilities, restaurants and coffee shops, attractions, etc.
- To inform destinations, hotels and attractions in your area about European Touring Route.
- Gather information about motorcycle meetings and other events in your region.
- Connection of cafés and restaurants and other local businesses.
- Connection and certification of accommodation facilities.
- Assisting with the organisation of events.
- Establish contacts with businesses that may be interested in working with motorcycle tourism, for example, motorcycle stores, dealerships, touring companies, local Destination Marketing Organisations, and others.
As a Local Area Manager, you must be an experienced motorcycle rider, and be able to see the value of Europe as a tourism destination, with great roads, beautiful nature, memorable experiences, quality food, interesting history, and other tourism areas that are open to development.
You must enjoy meeting new people, and have a commercial attitude to development. You will receive an introductory course about the project and how we work. You will also have access to manuals and documents, which will help you come in contact with other motorcycle riders, and local contacts.
Through a network of local motorcycle riders, we have a greater opportunity to make new contacts, and can quickly build up a wide range of trips, meetings, events, etc. which in turn may be result in “more people riding motorcycles, more often".
If you feel that you have some spare time, and want to be involved in our efforts to make Europe a thrilling destination for motorcycle tourists, please contact us and we will tell you more.
Tasks of a Local Area Manager (LAM)
- Inform European Touring Route about destinations and attractions in your area.
- Share and establish contacts with organisations and companies that work with tourism.
- Distribute information to the tourist offices, motorcycle clubs, about ETR.
- Create and organise: weekly meetings / Ride Outs / Motofoto Courses, and other events.
- Invite the press and magazines that can fit the concept, to various meetings.
- Participate in events, meetings, and other places where motorcycle riders meet.
- Provide us with information that can be added to the ETR Website.
- In the long term, ensure the quality assurance and certification of accommodation facilities.
A LAM can make money, through:
- Sales of ETR Promotional Services to cafés, restaurants, museums and other commercial places to visit.
- Selling advertising articles to motorcycle dealerships, and other firms and businesses that are linked to motorcycle riding.
- Connection with, and certification of: Lodging facilities, hotels, hostels, campsites, Bed & Breakfasts.
- Events where there is a participation fee for attending.
- Sales of ETR Merchandise at your location.
- Sales of our Membership Card.
You are always welcome to tell us about great roads and places to visit, when you are out and about.
We hope you see this as an interesting challenge!
CQO - Chief Quality Officer
ETR // European Touring Route